By Marcel van Ackeren
• First selection of its style to fee new state of the art scholarship on Marcus Aurelius
• Features readings that conceal all points of Marcus Aurelius, together with resource fabric, biographical info, and writings
• Contributions from a world forged of best Aurelius scholars
• Addresses evolving features of the reception of the Meditations
Read or Download A Companion to Marcus Aurelius (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best ancient history books
This new e-book represents an entire rewriting of Romila Thapar's highly profitable historical past OF INDIA - quantity ONE, thirty-four years after it used to be first released. Incorporating the sizeable alterations in wisdom constructed in the course of her lifetime, Thapar tells the extreme tale of this nice civilisation - a civilisation regularly in line with different, frequently warring resources and that left the miraculous constructions and ideology that also fill India.
Now to be had to an English-speaking viewers, this publication offers a groundbreaking theoretical research of reminiscence, identification and tradition. It investigates how cultures take into accout, arguing that human reminiscence exists and is communicated in methods, specifically inter-human interplay and in exterior structures of notation, akin to writing, that can span generations.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2004 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, observe: 2,3, Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg (Seminar für Alte Geschichte und Epigraphik), Veranstaltung: Augustus und seine Zeit, 12 Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Nach Valerius Maximus soll der Zensor des Jahres 142 v.
A tremendous Contribution to the historical past of know-how and historic WarfareThe so much famous army gadget of precedent days and the resource of persevered fascination and renowned allure, the catapult represented an enormous shift within the behavior of war. within the Catapult: A background historian Tracey Rihll makes use of historical resources and the most recent archaeological findings to inform the tale of this primary computing device of struggle.
- Pompey, Cato, and the Governance of the Roman Empire
- Texts and Contexts: The Circulation and Transmission of Cuneiform Texts in Social Space (Studies in Ancient Near Eastern Records (SANER))
- Narbonne and its Territory in Late Antiquity: From the Visigoths to the Arabs
- Barbarian Migrations and the Roman West, 376–568 (Cambridge Medieval Textbooks)
- Medica: Die Ärztin (German Edition)
Additional info for A Companion to Marcus Aurelius (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Marcus Aurelius (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Marcel van Ackeren