By Donald Winford
- Provides a complete creation to the sphere of touch linguistics.
- Examines quite a lot of language touch phenomena from either normal linguistic and sociolinguistic perspectives.
- Offers an account of present methods to all the significant sorts of contact-induced change.
- Discusses the final techniques and ideas which are at paintings in circumstances of contact.
Read or Download An Introduction to Contact Linguistics (Language in Society) PDF
Best linguistics books
The chinese, spoken by means of over 1000000000 humans, has gone through drastic alterations over the last century in a fashion unprecedented at any time formerly. This booklet offers a finished account of the advance of contemporary chinese language from the overdue 19th century as much as the Nineties, targeting 3 significant features: smooth Spoken chinese language, smooth Written chinese language, and the fashionable chinese language writing procedure.
Peer interplay and moment Language studying synthesizes the present physique of study at the position of peer interplay in moment language studying in a single complete quantity. regardless of the various hours that language freshmen spend interacting with friends within the school room, there's a tendency to judge the usefulness of this time by way of comparability to entire type interplay with the trainer.
A partir da análise de trechos narrativos, a autora mostra que distintas escolhas linguísticas estão relacionadas às finalidades comunicativas e às condições de produção dos textos. Além de proporcionar ao leitor brasileiro o contato com referências teóricas e metodológicas fundamentais para os estudos da linguagem, a autora nos abrilhanta com uma nova abordagem da TD associada à aquisição da linguagem.
The relationship among go back and forth and translation is frequently evoked in modern serious conception, either practices obvious as metaphors of mobility and flux associated with globalized 'post-modern' society. go back and forth is a a number of job, encompassing transitority and voluntary displacement, repeated circulate, exile, financial migration, diaspora.
- The Routledge Handbook of Forensic Linguistics (Routledge Handbooks in Applied Linguistics)
- Mother Tongues and Nations: The Invention of the Native Speaker (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM])
- The Handbook of the History of English (Blackwell Handbooks in Linguistics)
- Learner Contributions to Language Learning: New Directions in Research (Applied Linguistics and Language Study)
- Bilingual Education and Language Policy in the Global South (Routledge Critical Studies in Multilingualism)
Extra info for An Introduction to Contact Linguistics (Language in Society)
An Introduction to Contact Linguistics (Language in Society) by Donald Winford